All residential building work worth over $5,000 requires a written contract. Residential building work worth more than $20,000 needs an extensive home building contract. This contract includes the contractor's obligation to obtain an insurance certificate under the Home Building Compensation Scheme (Formerly known as HWI) for contract value over $20,000.

This contract should be provided to a client accompanied with the latest:

 ·       Consumer Building Guide; and Security of Payment Guide 

Once purchased, you will receive this file in a PDF format with editable fields. This means you can type into the fields and save and email the document or you can print it and complete by hand.

You can edit the name of the document and add your logo into the contract. This will ensure you are compliant and don’t accidentally edit the document, but also allows you some customisable options.

Definition: HBCF (Home Building Compensation Fund) this was previously known as HWI (Home Warranty Insurance)

Filed under

  • Business Agreements & Home Building Contracts
  • NSW Home Building Contracts


(ex. GST)

Member $99, Non-Member $255